The mission of Smart Beginnings DP is to strengthen the system of individuals and organizations caring for and educating children ages birth to five. Our goal is to ensure that all children are emotionally, intellectually and physically ready to succeed in school.
To have strong child and family serving systems in our community committed to making sure all children are Ready for School, Ready for Life!
- Ensure effective transitions from birth to kindergarten.
- Increase the availability of resources for parents, appropriate for their education, interests, and needs.
- Provide information to assist parents in recognizing and requesting high quality child care services.
- Increase the percentage of children identified as in need of early intervention services.
- Increase participation of early child care providers in the Virginia Star Quality Initiative.