Steps for Becoming a Subsidy Provider
If you're a childcare provider who is interested in becoming a subsidy provider follow the steps below.
- Print, complete and return the application for enrollment to be a provider of subsidized child care and provide your current private pay child care rates to begin the approval process. (The application can be found at http://dss.virginia.gov/family/cc/interested_subsidy_vendors.cgi.)
- You will be provided information about the Virginia preservice training for child care staff and will be assigned to the appropriate agency for processing.
- The assigned agency will contact you and schedule attendance at the next available subsidy orientation session or provide you with a new vendor approval packet. Note: The completed new vendor approval packet must be submitted to the VDSS Child Care Subsidy Program within 60 days of receipt.
- Once your new vendor approval packet is received by VDSS, a licensing representative from the division of licensing programs will schedule a pre-approval inspection.
- If approved, the Child Care Subsidy Program will email you a vendor agreement to review and sign. Local departments of social services will use the completed vendor agreement as verification of your participation in the Child Care Subsidy Program.
For additional information, including policies, forms, manuals, and notices visit https://www.dss.virginia.gov/family/cc/assistance_providers.cgi.